Monday, September 5, 2011

Oregon Zoo and Labor Day Weekend

Well I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!! Kyle and I sure did!

On Saturday we slept in late and then went out to breakfast at our favorite neighborhood place, New Deal. Breakfast and coffee was the perfect start we needed for our Silver Star Mountain hike. After our beautiful hike we replenished our glycogen stores with milkshakes from Burgerville; I got the Mocha Perk and Kyle had the Northwest Cherry and Chocolate.

We got season 4 of Dexter from the library on Thursday, so we watched a couple of episodes before heading to the Circuit for some rock climbing. It is always fun to go on Saturday nights because there is no one there! We then went to Fire on the Mountain for some delicious wings and beer!! And then home for more Dexter and beer!

Sunday we woke up a little earlier than we would normally on a weekend, made coffee, watched more Dexter, then headed to the park to do some Kung Fu throwing because practice was moved to Monday.

We then headed to Washington Park to check out the Oregon Zoo!!!!!!! Kyle and I visited the St. Louis Zoo back in the summer of 2009 when we first started dating, and that still is one of my favorite memories! So, not only was I excited about all the awesome animals, I was excited to spend the day with my boyfriend! (yes, I'm lame...)

Hot and tired mountain goat!

Sleepy bear cub, named Takota!

Eagles!

Duck! 

Mallard! and another duck!

Cougar! What big paws you have!

This is Nelly, she was doing tricks for us!

Swimming penguins!

Kyle would lose in a fight with a bear.

Pacific Islander pigs.

Underwater view of an anaconda sleeping in a tree!

Yes, this picture sucks! But it was a picture of an ocelot
who was walking/running so fast around his enclosure
but was super cute I had to keep trying to take his picture!
I failed about 10 times.

African wild dog!

We weren't able to see the lions because they were
sleeping in the shade. So I took a picture with
a fake lion!

Hungry, hungry hippo!

Zebra and other African Savannah animals!

GIRAFFES!

THEY ARE SO COOL! And they are my favorite!

At Lorikeet Landing you can buy nectar for a dollar
 to feed to the birds...I loved it!

Pretty bird!

They were hungry!

Last animal we saw was a sleepy leopard...and this pose
reminded me exactly how Sammie (our cat) would
look if she were lying in the sun!

After a fun filled day at the Zoo!
So unfortunately we only had a limited time at the Oregon Zoo because Kyle had to work on Sunday night. But we still had fun! Maybe I should have been a vet?!

Monday, I had to work bright and early at 7 am and Kyle got to sleep in. Kyle had frisbee practice at 11 and I was done with work at 3. We ate a late lunch/early dinner together while watching Dexter before Kyle left for work.

Overall, even with work, we both had a good weekend!! And we hope you did too!



No comments:

Post a Comment